Enjoy your retirement in Sonora!
Sonora is an excellent sunbelt destination for retirement. Sonora is a place where you will feel safe and relaxed during retirement. We have a small and peaceful community where you get to know your neighbors, with a climate that allows you to get out and about just about every day of the year. Here are some of the highlights a retiree can expect when living in Sonora:
- An excellent local hospital with a new $5.2 million wellness facility with indoor fitness pool
- Extremely low crime rate
- Excellent 9-hole golf course featuring year round golfing
- Nearby Caverns of Sonora, the finest show cave in the world!
- Eaton Hill Nature Center and Preserve with great opportunities to experience nature and birding in the comfort of town
- Low cost of living
- Incredible sense of community
- A hunter's paradise year round
- A short distance to the Texas Hill Country and growing West Texas
- Historic downtown with the iconic Ice House Ranch Museum, The Miers Home Museum, the Old Jail and the recently renovated Sutton County Courthouse, boutique shops, and a wide variety of dining